#IJF14 (the annual International Journalism Festival) in Perugia, Italy, finished yesterday, and it looks like it’s been another interesting and popular event.
We were proud to develop the official IJF event dashboard in collaboration with Buzzdetector, and for this post we’ve also used our visualization and analytics tools to dive deeper into the most popular moments of the festival.
Below is a visualization which displays the top terms over the 5 days of the festival. Please note that the locations used includes the location listed in an account’s profile, and the time displayed is your local time.
Here follows some key statistics about the event, and we’ve included some custom timelines for the top tweets, images, videos and URLs.
Key #IJF14 statistics
- During the event we tracked 50,300 tweets from 10,188 different accounts.
- 69% of tweets were Italian and 28% in English, followed by German, French, Dutch, Spanish, Polish, Portuguese and Slovenian
- Top associated hashtags were
- #perugia (2%)
- #ddjschool (2%)
- #gazebo (2%)
- Top accounts, in terms of mentions that also included #IJF14, were:
- The busiest time for tweets was around 9.27am on 3rd May, where it peaked at 54 TPM (tweets per minute)
- The days with the most tweets were 3rd May, closely followed by 2nd May
Popular #IJF14 tweets
#IJF14 official Twitter trends
Finally, both #IJF14 and #HackIJF14 were official Twitter trends at various locations across Italy. See the links below for iTrended reports to find out exactly where and when: